Friday, October 21, 2016

WATCH! Cher Performs 1965 Mega Hit 'I Got You Babe' With James Corden

Cher appeared on last night's 'The Late Late Show With James Corden', which saw her update and perform her 1965 multi-million-selling #1 hit 'I Got You Babe'.

The 'Believe'-singer stepped out in a red sequin dress with a feather coat borrowed from her last tour, and introduced host James Corden. When the host came out, he was dressed like an ‘80s Cher with crazy hair and a leather ensemble.

“It’s a Sonny and Cher song, and I just thought I could be Cher,” Corden replied.

“Out of the two of us… I’m literally Cher,” the singer said, laughing.

Cher, James Corden

Cher kicked off the updated version of Sonny & Cher's signature hit, with the new words: “They say we’re young and we don’t know, how to find love without using your phone”.

“Well I don’t know if all that’s true, cause you swiped me and baby, I swiped you,” Corden replied.

They then went into the chorus of “I got you, bae.”

The rest of the tune went on to have some memorable, Millennial-inspired lyrics, like, “And when we make it Facebook offish, that means more to me than marriage!”


The Cher Bible, Vol. 1: Essentials
OUT NOW!
Look inside available!
Exclusive to amazon
amazon.com $7.99 | amazon.co.uk £5.99
amazon.de EUR 7,12 | amazon.fr EUR 7,12
amazon.es EUR 7,12 | amazon.it EUR 7,12
amazon.nl EUR 7,12 | amazon.jp ¥ 807
amazon.br R$ 24,99 | amazon.ca CDN$ 9.99
amazon.mx $149.99 | amazon.au $10.48
amazon.in ₹ 399.00

The Oscar, Grammy, Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winner then told the story of when husband and music partner Sonny Bono first unveiled 'I Got You Babe' to her, before it became one of the most memorable love songs of all-time:

1 comment: