Thursday, October 20, 2016

WATCH! Ageless Cher Talks 'Classic Cher' Tour, Marriage And Death Rumours With ET

ET caught up with legendary singer-actress Cher to talk about -- amongst other things -- her return to the concert stage next year...

Cher is experiencing a true career revival at age 70.

The legendary singer announced on Tuesday that she's partnering up with AEG Live and MGM Resorts International for Classic Cher, a series of concerts taking place in Las Vegas and Maryland next year. ET sat down with Cher to talk about this new phase in her career, and she also opened up about her love life and those tabloid rumors alleging that she's close to death.


"I'm just older than dirt," Cher jokes to ET's Kevin Frazier. "I feel like in my mind, I just totally forget, and the other day I thought I was 60 and I went, 'Oh my God, I'm 60,' and then I thought, 'Oh my God.' I never expected to live this long."

Though clearly, Cher is currently living her best life. The singer shut down tabloid reports earlier this year that she was sick and close to death.

"Like, I was in Saint Tropez eating ice cream with my friends [at the time]," Cher laughs. "I have a friend who's got a big boat, and we were just having the best time. And I'm eating ice cream in Saint Tropez and Portofino and all of that, and I'm thinking, 'They're taking pictures. Do they just think I'm dying and I'm out here and partying and all that?' So, it sells magazines."

Cher will embark on a new residency starting in February. The singer reveals to ET that she'll be recreating a special moment during her last show -- when she sang "I Got You Babe" with her late ex-husband, Sonny Bono -- by duetting with his projection on-screen. Bono died in 1998 from a skiing accident in South Lake Tahoe, California.

"I thought it was going to be too hard but it was just fun," she says about the emotional moment. "I was just telling this guy the other night that came over, I said, 'You know, [Sonny and I] were so in tune -- we were not always perfect, for sure -- but we were so in tune in some way, that if he came back right now we would go riff and have each other's back and it would just be the same."

The Cher Bible, Vol. 1: Essentials
OUT NOW!
Look inside available!
Exclusive to amazon
amazon.com $7.99 | amazon.co.uk £5.99
amazon.de EUR 7,12 | amazon.fr EUR 7,12
amazon.es EUR 7,12 | amazon.it EUR 7,12
amazon.nl EUR 7,12 | amazon.jp ¥ 807
amazon.br R$ 24,99 | amazon.ca CDN$ 9.99
amazon.mx $149.99 | amazon.au $10.48
amazon.in ₹ 399.00

These days, Cher says she sees no reason to ever re-marry. The "Love Hurts" singer married musician Gregg Allman in 1975 after her divorce from Sonny was finalized, but the two split in 1979.

"I can't see any real reason for it," she says bluntly when asked about ever tying the knot again. "You know, I have tried to keep it [dating]much more on the down-low because media is so horrible nowadays, and so mean, and you can't do anything. It's hard for me to even go out of my door because everyone's got a camera and everybody's in the bushes."

Cher is currently focusing on her career, and says she isn't planning on stopping any time soon.

"Because I like what I do," she explains. "And I never knew there was going to be a 'sell by' date, you know? I was young, I started when I was 16. It never occurred to me that I would be doing this, or that anybody would want to see me do this."

"I was having a lot of fun when I was on the road last time, and it got cut short," she adds. "But I was having a lot of fun. And the one thing I know is that I still like to sing so much."

Tickets for Classic Cher go on sale on Sunday, Oct. 23, for Park Theater at Monte Carlo in Las Vegas (kicking off Feb. 8, 2017) and The Theater at MGM National Harbor in Maryland (starting March 17, 2017). Watch the video below for more on the "Believe" singer’s exciting residency!

1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
    book hotel Boston

    ReplyDelete