Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cher, Blake Shelton and Carson Daly on Cher's 'The Voice' Performance

Cher of course took to the 'The Voice' stage a little over 16 hours ago to perform her new single 'Woman's World' - Here's what 'The Voice' personalities Blake Shelton and Carson Daly, and the lady herself said about her performance...

Firstly, Cher donned an outfit which - in true Cher style - split the opinions of viewers and reviewers during her 'The Voice' performance. But, fashion aside, they all agree that she gave a more-than-decent performance of the uptempo track. Cher herself, however, didn't seem totally pleased; she told 'Access Hollywood', "It was awful at the beginning... Because my voice has been really bad lately. I was frightened, but I knew I had to do the best that I could. It was probably not the best that I'll ever do it, but it was definitely the best I could do tonight."

'The Voice' host Carson Daly was however in awe of the music legend; "It was so crazy to see Cher on the stage. I've been very lucky to watch Madonna, Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson. I've interviewed them, I've talked to some of the greats, but watching Cher tonight, that sort of completes my personal volume of icons in music."

One of the judges of the show, country star Blake Shelton (right, with Cher, in the 'The Voice' press room), said, "I lost my dad a year and a half ago, and my dad's favorite artist on Earth, bar none, was Cher. My dad worshipped Cher. I wish he could have seen tonight's episode because I would've been texting him saying, 'I met Cher. I took a picture with her.' And I would have given him crap about it! That's what I love the most, is that I got to meet Cher. She has no idea about any of that, but it was a real big deal to meet her. She's just as viable and important to music today as she ever was."

Cher singing her new single 'Woman's World' on 'The Voice'

2 comments:

  1. She really is a sweetie, no matter what she does she always has my respect. I actually love the wig she's wearing in the picture with Carson Daly, but I also appreciate here weird Mongoose Mohawk for the performance. I do hope the album will get at least another single before it comes out as it must be strange promoting a song that was already leaked 6 months before official release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher is Cher!!! At 67, she is still going strong!!!

    ReplyDelete