Monday, September 24, 2012

Cher On Ella Henderson's X Factor Performance of 'Believe': Tears Came To My Eyes!

superstar
Cher herself has commented on the sensational performance of 'Believe' by 16-year-old 'X Factor' singer Ella Henderson.

The name Ella Henderson may not mean anything yet to those living outside the United Kingdom but for the 9 million people that tuned into last night's UK 'X Factor', they know that it's the 16-year-old girl who performed a stunning ballad-version of Cher's 1998 chart-topper 'Believe'.

Henderson, who sang a self-penned song in the audition stage of X Factor, stated pre-performance during last night's Boot Camp stage, "Today, instead of doing a song that I'd normally just go for and be like, 'Yeah, I can do that', I wanted to challenge myself a bit more and pick a song that was completely out of the box and out of my comfort zone."

Unsure of what the judges would think of her performance, she continued, "I Keep going through it in my head and trying to put my twist on it because it's so different from what I'd normally do. I really hope they like it".

Ella
She shouldn't have worried as the four 'X Factor' judges were wowed by her slow rendition of the 1998 hit. One judge in particular, ex-Pussycat Dolls lead singer Nicole Scherzinger, was left so emotional after the performance that she had to battle tears to get her words out.

Since last night's airing of the performance, the YouTube video of Henderson's performance has since been viewed over 125,000 times.

One of those views comes from superstar Cher, who took 'Believe' to the top of the US and UK charts back in the late 1990's.

Cher took to Twitter to reveal that Scherzinger wasn't the only one who shed tears whilst viewing the performance; "I went on YouTube to see the young girl sing 'Believe'. Tears came to my eyes! So touching! A great version of a great song. We can share it!"

Henderson couldn't have wished for a better compliment!

11 comments:

  1. She really knocked it out of the park!! I loved it. Except when that judge said that about cher's version!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree his comment was not neccesary,,
      NYChris

      Delete
  2. I, too, was annoyed at the comment about Cher's version. My mother always said "if you can't something nice. Don't say anything". There is always room in this world for reinterpretations of songs.

    Cher's version came out at a very special time in my life. (1998) and Cher's version is perfect in every way.

    With that said, Ella Henderson's version was interesting and very well sung.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree,, and i am just hoping he meant that he was just over the song,, WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS: by the fact that it was played so much esp in the UK, as a professional that he is "so i hope" there are better words in the english language he could have used!!a sad song in which THE ONE AND ONLY CHER lifts up the spirit with her dance beat tune and unforgettable voice!
      NYChris

      Delete
  3. It's very funny that the man from boysband talks about "most annoying songs". It's quite hypocritical...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gary Barlow, jealous? remember that you are in people's minds to be the fat one of the "Take That" ...

      Delete
  4. What people outside the UK dont get about the Cher version is that it was played on radio every five minutes for months. The royalties must have been cheap on it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post gives the light in which we can observe the reality.This is very nice one and gives indepth information.Thanks for sharing this nice article.click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE SONG IS CALLED AS SHOWN THE LAST VIDEO OF THIS TOUCHED WITH A PIANO? SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, wish you would do a special with this young lady, I keep checking to see if I can buy a Cd.. this girl rocks. You Rock!
    Oregon..

    ReplyDelete